21 November 2011

Slow Cooker Pasta Sauce

Over the weekend, I made two lasagnas for my husband. Since I had to make tons of pasta sauce, I thought it would be nice if I could just make it in the slow cooker. So I gave it a go...well, it turned out amazing!  I am so happy it did. Whenever I need to make a ton of pasta sauce, I will be throwing it all in the slow cooker and leaving. :)

My beloved Slow Cooker. It's huge - 7qt!! LOL! 

This recipe could not be any easier! I swear, it took me 5 minutes to throw everything in and turned it on. That's it, really!! Then 7-8 hours (on low) later, TA DA! Amazing pasta sauce!! So stock up on your freezer containers. :)


Super Easy Slow Cooker Pasta Sauce

Ingredients:
2 lbs extra lean ground beef
8 oz sliced mushrooms
½ cup onions
4 cloves garlic, smashed and roughly chopped
1 (680 mL) can pasta sauce
1 (796 mL) can crushed tomatoes
½ cup red wine (or water)
1 tbsp Italian seasoning
1 tbsp dried basil
1 tsp fennel seeds
1 tsp dried pepper flakes
2 tbsp sugar
¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
Salt and pepper

Directions:
  1. Place all ingredients into slow cooker and stir to mix.
  2. Turn on slow cooker to low and cook for 7-8 hours, or high for 4-5 hours.
  3. When pasta sauce is ready, stir in parsley and season to taste with salt and pepper.

** This recipe made enough sauce to cover 2 large lasagnas and macaroni for my family. :)


Happy Cooking!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
;