23 December 2011

TTD: Tempeh Tomato Daiya

Today's lunch was pretty simple, and full of flavour! I made a Vegan Grilled Cheese. Well, I cooked it in the broiler, but still super yummy!


I made this Grilled Cheese before using regular cheese and it was delish. I thought I would try it with Tempeh Bacon and Daiya Cheese today. It was even BETTER!! :)

There's no fancy recipe here. :)

Turn on broiler on Low. Cook some Tempeh as  per instructions, and keep warm. Lightly toast your bread, spread some vegan margarine on one side of each slice and place on baking sheet, margarine side up. Top with some fresh basil, sliced tomatoes, Daiya Cheddar Cheese, salt and pepper. Place in oven until cheese melts. Remove from oven, drizzle some balsamic vinegar, and top with crisp Tempeh.

This was so simple to throw together. I'm trying not to leave crumbs in my keyboard, as I try to type and eat. LOL!

Happy Cooking!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
;