16 March 2012

Zucchini Mint Pasta

Last night I made a super simple pasta which was devoured by my family. I totally forgot to take a picture of the pasta though. Like I said, it was devoured. I used Pastore Brown Rice Gluten-Free pasta this time.

 Pastore Brown Rice Pasta 350g - $3.49
I really enjoyed this pasta. I am not a huge fan of brown rice pasta, but this one didn't actually have a heavy rice flavour. (I know weird, right?) It actually tasted like regular pasta. This pasta cooked up evenly, I did over cook it a little bit, but it fall apart like most gluten-free pasta.


Zucchini Mint Pasta

Ingredients:
350 g Pasta
1 Large Zucchini, grated
½ cup fresh mint, roughly chopped
¼ cup olive oil
1 lemon, juiced
Salt and pepper, to taste
½ cup sheep’s milk Feta, crumbled
1/3 cup Pistachios, roughly chopped

Directions:
  1. Cook pasta until al dente. Drain and keep warm.
  2. Add grated zucchini, mint, olive and lemon juice, toss to incorporate all flavours. Season with salt and pepper. 
  3. Place on serving platter, top with crumbled feta and chopped pistachios. Serve with a sprinkle of parmesan and more mint, if desired. 
Verdit
I would definitely buy this pasta again. The flavour was great and my whole family really enjoyed it. What I loved the most, was the pasta actually cooked evenly. I can't wait to try their other pasta shapes, especially spaghetti. Boy, do I miss spaghetti. :)

What's your favourite Gluten-Free pasta? Do you make your own sauce too?

Happy Cooking!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
;