10 June 2012

Brampton Rib n' Roll

A couple of weeks ago was Brampton's Rib n'Roll at Gage Park. It's our Ribfest. It was a good time, and because it's a small event the line-ups were no where as long. I think my husband was in line the longest at Jake's Boathouse, which made sense because they hands-down had the best ribs!


Even their coleslaw was good
Half Rack - $12 
The one thing that was odd with this Ribfest compared to the other larger ones was the tickets. Instead of paying cash at each rib vendor, you purchased tickets at the ticket booth. It ended up being a great idea, then the vendors did not have to worry about money, just serving hungry patrons as fast as they could. :)


There was live music, which my kids love dancing too but as with every other event at Gage Park, there is never enough seating and of course we forgot to bring our own chairs. :(

The kids always have fun at Gage Park, even without any event. Gage Park has a great playground. :)

Yum! Roasted corn on the cob - $3


I should have taken a picture of the guy grilling these bad boys, he was wearing goggles and I swear there was some beside him wiping the sweat from his forehead. lol! 


*Crabby Joes*
1/2 rack - $12
In my opinion, not worth the money. Their ribs were nice and meaty, but the flavour was not great. I love cole slaw but not this one. Just tasted like shredded cabbage. I know that's what it is, but I expected too much I guess. :(
* Louisiana Seafood & Steakhouse *
1/2 rack - $12
Ribs were never very meaty, and the sauce was a little spicy, which i liked. The ribs were fall off the bone, which makes it yummy. The rice definitely helped.  

* Smokey Mountain *
1/2 rack - $12



These ribs were huge, but not great. They were not fall off the bone, and kinda tough. The sauce was yummy, but I think I would have looked weird if I was just licking the sauce off the ribs. The cole slaw was average. I think it need some salt. 

The next Rib Fest we usually attend is the Mississauga Rib Fest at Square One, however I want to hit the big Toronto Rib Fest at Centennial Park. 

Have you been to any Rib Fests in the past? Which one is your favourite? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
;